Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Spanish Word For Aunt, pt. III

Wow. Mind blown. Crap. I don't know... speechless. I've been going on like this for the two hours. If 007 has a license to kill, I have a license to stupid. Better yet, I have a violation on record for an MUI (Messaging Under the Influence). The last few days, I've been wondering what happened- living in the ignorance of sobriety, thinking that sometimes crazy things just happen, and people change their minds out of the blue. Then on a fluke, I go through my history, and see something that brought back a hazy memory, something I thought that even in a stupor, I wasn't dumb enough to send.


But, I did.


Now what? I apologized (duh) but the damage is done. I screwed up. There's nothing else to say. Even if there was, it would make me seem like a stalker, so I'm keeping my damn mouth shut.

2 comments:

anon said...

Oh dear. Boys making silly mistakes under the influence of alcohol. Been there. Recently. And what did I do? I sat him down, sweetly (I doubt he would use this adjective) described why he wouldn't work in my life anymore, asked for my house keys back (long story) and sent him back into the world to enjoy his 20's with the occasional friendly text message from me.

Women can switch gears like this incredibly fast, and the swiftness is set on a curve against 3 things: 1. The longevity of said relationship so far, 2. the toll said relationship is taking on the rest of our lives (read: time) and 3. the relative idiocy of the offence. Men are constantly blindsided by the logistics of this, and women never care to explain.

So here's me explaining.

Is there hope? Well, that's verging on a post, so maybe I owe you one.
--M

anon said...

Yay! You fixed my link, too. I miss you crazy.
--M

My photo
San Francrisco, CA, United States