Monday, September 15, 2008

Filming In The Stream...

A CERN press release about the LHC was issued last week; it stated: "Starting up a major new particle accelerator takes much more than flipping a switch. Thousands of individual elements have to work in harmony, timings have to be synchronized to under a billionth of a second, and beams finer than a human hair have to be brought into head-on collision....[O]ver the next few weeks,...[the LHC's] acceleration systems will be brought into play, and the beams will be brought into collision to allow the research program to begin...Experiments at the LHC will allow physicists to complete a journey that started with Newton's description of gravity. Gravity acts on mass, but so far science [has been] unable to explain the mechanism that generates mass. Experiments at the LHC will provide the answer."

So, we still may have 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds till the world will end, and in that time I'd like to quit my job and do something that means something to me and doesn't involve selling anything, buying anything, or processing anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that. While I'm at it, I want to move into Alex Forest's apartment, but I don't want to move to the meat packing district of New York (even though the interiors were shot at 652 Hudson Street, nowhere near the meat packing district) so I want to have it replicated in the warehouse around the corner from Amber. I'd love to go to Paris again, but since I have already been there, I should do the South American tour I was planning for next year. I think when I get outta here, I'm gonna get laid- it's been a while, and if the world is going to get sucked up by anti-matter, masticating box should be somewhere on the to-do list. I have a feeling J thinks I hate her, and would want to clear that up, because we make very good friends regardless of anything else. I wish we could have another night of KLM, but getting our schedules to jive might be hard. And by hard I mean doggy. Then there's rule #3, which I guess there mightn't be enough time to properly break, though I do like her a lot. I haven't had a chance to see my brother in a couple years so that'll have to go up higher on the list, as should PR and the family. I picked a hellova time to stop sniffing glue...

No comments:

My photo
San Francrisco, CA, United States