Monday, September 8, 2008

She Put a Spell on Me

I never thought about it until tonight, but I would have loved to see Hatem and Diamanda Galàs together. Her music is certainly not easy listening, it can be downright difficult to bear, which is part of it's beauty. It isn't the music that makes me twitterpated over her, though, it's the idea that if I use 11% of my brain, she's using about 12.5%. As far as the music goes, she was a child prodigy who played piano with the San Diego Symphony Orchestra at 14, has a BA and a Masters in music, and has worked with everyone from Pierre Boulez to John Paul Jones (the 4 octave vocal range is cool, but it's as much DNA as talent). That's cool and all, but what makes her truly hot is that she also speaks five languages and has citizenship in three countries and while she was Pre-Med doing research in neurochemistry & immunology, she was studying Bel Canto on her off days and being pimped out by transvestites at night. I think I remember somewhere she said she was going back to school to get a degree in marine biology, too.







No comments:

My photo
San Francrisco, CA, United States