Thursday, July 17, 2008

KLM has (not) left the bulding

KLM hadn't rocked it in a while, but not for lack of trying. M was apparently trying to rack up miles for a vacation in Australia by flying back and forth to Seattle every couple of days. K&L kept getting the wires crossed. Finally, there were 3 days between Seattle trips, K&L had gotten sleep, and KLM were going to rock it...

if M would answer her cell...

or her land line...

or a text...

email...?

Miranda?

She finally called last night:

"Hey, it's Miranda"
"Hey, how are you?"
"OK, I just saw that you called?"
"Yeah, Lisa and I were going to get a drink... wanted to see what you were up to..."
"Well... I'm kinda locked in my apartment."
"Huh?"
"This dude broke into my apartment and slapped me in the face and he has my keys. So I have the door deadbolted, but I can't leave.*"
"WHAT!"
"Yeah, I know. So, I was wondering if you could do me a huuuge favor."
"Of course."
"Couldyougetmeanewdoorknob?ThelandlordisuselessandIcalledthelocksmith
buttheysaiditwouldbe$600andIdon'thaveitIcannotphysicallydothat.I'lltotally
payforitandI'llgiveyoubeer.NobodywillhelpmeandI'vebeenstuckinherefor
threedays."
"Sure, I'll be right over."

"...really...?"


"Yeah, there's a Cole Hardware on the way to your place. I'll be there in a bit."

"You are my hero."



Yes, she called me a hero. L said I was a superhero. I don't know what this world has come to, when helping a friend in need becomes a heroic deed. This is one reason why I'm not that interested in having children. I don't want to raise a responsible, loyal, honest and good person that will help everyone and make the world a better place, only to have a bunch of disasters for friends that can't be counted on to bring a freakin' doorknob.


*This story is M's to tell. It's much less dangerous, but just as scary as it sounds.

No comments:

My photo
San Francrisco, CA, United States